Sunday, October 21, 2012

"I dont belive in your bicicles"

People are mostly nice and some street names are unbelievable short. Pikk, Aia and Uus, just to mention some.

City of Tallinn is living very interesting era.

Soviet time "environmental disasters", very modern and hip buildings and old classical, european style architectual golden nuggets. Soviet/western "hybrids" can be seen in mental attitude and architecture as well. I guess estonians want to break free some of their history by doing this.

If believed from internet, cycling is very popular in Tallinn, well, during our three day trip I did not see  much of it. Instead I saw a lot's of massive SUV's, steamy trams and buses, quite a lot of pedestrians too. Traffic planning is for sure under development, I guess safe tram stops are coming after they have managed the SUV parking problems. 

"A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It's where the rich use public transport". -Mayor of Bogota

Still I found marks from cycling scene: Velonaut, Mystic BMX, City Bike Tallinn and I still believe cycling has big potential in Tallinn.




Mystic BMX










City Bike, bicycle rental shop



No comments:

Post a Comment